Wednesday 4 June 2008

May Summary and JUNE! gogogogo JUNE!

Yea so may was horrific, easily the least enjoyable, most stress full month of poker since I started back in August.
I managed to lose myself 22k within the first week of June which is a really bad way to start a poker month. This is bad for two reasons. The first, because your then trying to get even for the next 3 weeks...which can lead to tilt. The second, well...its 22 grand.
I spent a lot of time going over my HH on my own and with Hoooooof. We came to the conclusion that the majority of my loss' were huge coolers and suck outs at 10/20 and 5/10. Obv im not yet playing optimal poker ( only about 3 people in the world do) and so can always play better, but I believe that I am good enough to crush the games I play in and my large loss was mainly due to bad luck.

May Graph:

June so far has been sick, I made 15 buyins at 3/6 in the first day and have been pretty much break even for the last 3. We looked closely at my stats with month and have come to the conclusion that playing in the style I do is not optimal for the huge number of fish and looseness of the games I play in.
For example Hoooooof pointed out that my button steal success is very low which proclaims I need to make some changes for these games.
Im going to be trying out a few things in the next week to try and optimise my profits.
Hoooooof also came to the conclusion that as poker players, we are some of the laziest, playing 30k hands and less sometimes a month. We have decided that this month were going to put extra effort in and so I have played 11521 hands so far... he has played 23.5k!

June Graph (Its missing about 1000 hands and about 2.5k in winnings):

No comments: